Local Networks amplifies exponentially efficiency of business that uses computer system in running its transaction or processing data. In a more advance scenario where internet is in use drive converter is used to convert files in your Google drive to compatible version that that is readable to user machines. The network also creates central repository of all business files to allow sharing without moving data physically from one computer to another. The network also enables security of data by tying the information in a closed network. Apart from sharing files computer resources such as CD-ROM, Storage drive or remote support are enabled when computers are on a network platform. Benefits that can be derived from computer network are:
• Network licensing of application system is cheaper compared to that of standalone application licensing.
• improved productivity that result from multiple sharing of real time information that is stored centrally on a server
• Centralized data backup is easy on a network therefore minimizing severe loss of data.
• Communication is improved by messaging system.
• Centralized administration of the system on the network is much convenient that attending to one computer at a time. One can also do remote troubleshooting.
• Improved security by use of Routers that have inbuilt security features such as firewalls rather than using a modem on a standalone computer to access the internet.
• Better performance as Servers are designed for better performance therefore availing information when needed and increase chances of availing data unlike users working in isolation
• Reduced cost as the network will share computer devices and peripherals such as faxes and printer.
• With a good network all customer or product information is readily availed therefore improving efficiency in performance and response to customer queries and inquiries.
• Allow universal access to application system that is in use.
Why Business Might have a Local Server
• More reliable as compared to than peer-to-peer networks computer working just like stand alone
• Resource sharing is centralized therefore all client machines have equal rights of sharing the resources.
• System administration is convenient due to centralized management of computers
• Data is more secure as server is kept away where they cannot be easily reached just by anybody.
• Backing of all the data can be centralized and automated to ensure that the data is safe at all time.
How to monitor server usage
Server usage is technically monitored as discussed below.
Server availability & health monitoring
OpManager to check the server as long as it running for Disk space, memory utilization, temperature status and the fan.
Server processes monitoring: OpManager check all the running processes on the server and documents a detailed report about performance.
Monitoring windows services: this monitors windows services such as FTP, DHCP,SMTP. The moment this service develop fault or stop the tool restart the service so that they continue running.
Windows Event log monitoring: OpManager keeps history or log of all failures detected by the system, this failure may vary from device failure or security checks of denied access.